December has officially left the building. It doesn’t feel as though it was one week ago that I went to Liverpool with my boyfriend, though in reality we actually went one month ago. December has just completely flown by and the past few days have had me thinking about December and also the year 2014.
- Participated and won NaNo: this is a challenge to write 50,000 words in 30 days, which I won by writing 50,176. It was tough and I fell behind by 9000 words at one point so I am super proud to have completed the challenge!
- Continued with my blog: I am not too happy with how infrequently I have been posting recently and while I am hoping to change that, I am glad that I didn’t completely ignore my blog!
- Ate no McDonald’s or KFC’s: before November, my boyfriend and I were eating two-three a week which is pretty awful! However, neither of us ate either of these, despite my sister offering me some nuggets in the final days of November!
- Continued with 100 Days Happiness: although my 51-60 day post was late, I have continued with the Resolution and am determined to see it through to the end.
- Did a hefty amount of the birth sampler: I mentioned that I wanted to complete a cross-stitch for my nephew to record his birth and I managed to get quite a chunk of it done this month.
- Complete the birth sampler
- Continue to learn Spanish (I want to turn this around though)
- Read as much as I wanted to
- Complete the birth sampler
- Read a lot – I’ll admit that I am going to cheat slightly on this as I have a few short Christmas books to read but I definitely want to read more this month.
- Finish writing the book I started for NaNo
- Go back through and edit my NaNo book so that I feel comfortable allowing others to read it.
- Overhaul my blog: I really need to give my blog some TLC so I would love to be able to do that this month!
- Blogmas? I would love to do Blogmas – and I’m not doing too bad at the minute, but can I keep it up?
So when I post this, I will have completed Blogtober and will have posted every single day for the past month! It has been hard at times to keep up with this, especially the past week or so when I haven’t had any scheduled posts and have had to write on the day I posted, but I did it and I am so proud. I have learned a lot about myself and my blog, plus what I want it to become. I have set myself some new goals for my blog and now have higher and more defined aspirations for what I want my blog to be and I am so excited!
To wrap up Blogtober, I have an October Goals Update and November Goals for you.
I refuse to believe it is October 15th already. When did that happen?! Still, here is how I am getting on with this month’s goals.
Can you believe that it is the end of September already?! It feels like it was only last week that I wrote posted my first September 2014 Goals! It hasn’t been an amazingly successful month in terms of goal completion but I have had quite a chilled, relaxed time away from work which was definitely needed, especially since I’ll be rushed off my feet with Christmas when I go back on Wednesday. Even though it’s not been a very successful month, I’m still going to share my progress with you as well as my goals for October. Continue reading
Last year I set myself the challenge of eating no McDonald’s for the month of June. June passed, as did July and then August. Having that challenge made it fairly easy for me to forgo the chicken nuggets and McFlurrys so I transferred that onto other aspects of my life.
Pretty soon, life got in the way and I ended up forgetting all about the monthly goals. Recently, however, I have been feeling unsatisfied with life. I feel as though I waste a lot of my time and having so many things I wish to do with my life, I don’t want to waste any more precious seconds of my life so I have decided to bring back my monthly goals.